Friday, March 27, 2009

Packing list

For those Type A/planner folk, and you know who you are, you may be curious to know what I'm going to be stuffing into my navy blue 55L Vaude backpack for this trip!

Thanks to Hana and her world travels, I had a list to start with, and I modified it a bit for myself:

Clothes

Hat or cap

sunglasses

Bathing suit (if bringing a bikini then you may also want to bring a one piece or tankini as well if you have it)

1 pr zip off pants, 1 pr trekking pants

1 long skirt

3 t-shirts (not sleeveless)

2 long sleeved cool tops

1 sweater

1 rain jacket

1 pj

underwear/bras
/socks
2 prs sandals

hiking boots


Other stuff

Airline ticket or e-ticket

Passport

Cash / travellers cheques / credit cards

International drivers license and Canadian driver's license (if required)

Medical insurance docs (if you have them)

Address book (for postcards)

Camera and accessories including recharger

Advil

Antihistamines (just in case I get allergies)

Handiwipes

Toilet paper for public bathrooms/ kleenex

Sunscreen

Lip balm with sunscreen

Bug spray

Soap / shaver
/ Shampoo and conditioner
Toothbrush, toothpaste and floss

Lotion

Makeup

Electricity adapter / converter

iPod and recharger w/ adapter

Small flashlight and batteries (always useful)

Playing cards, frisbee, etc.

Journal

Books / magazines (please don't bring Cosmopolitan or we'll get searched at the airport) :-)
Lonely Planet book

8 more sleeps!
~ Lala

1 comment:

Steph said...

Now I'm no world traveller, but I bet you if I was I'd be a Type A Packing Planner. Yup.

Love the playing cards & frisbee! :)